Tuesday, June 24, 2014

First Week of Summer!

The first week of summer is here! How quickly did that go?! I'm so pleased that summer has finally arrived and I get to spend more time outdoors!

Keeping myself active is one of the weapons I have in my arsenal from overeating / eating the wrong things. The more active I am, the more I get out of the house, the less time I have free to dwell on unhealthy ideas such as bingeing.

I have banned the scales from my house and I have decided to only weigh myself very sporadically. I'm not sure yet if I want to know the number on the scale or not. The reason I banned the scale was because I was weighing myself multiple times a day and I was getting so hung up about the number! I was missing the whole point of this journey, which is to build my health and fitness levels - the weight loss should actually only be a side effect of  me feeling awesome. The problem was, even when I was eating right and exercising well, the number on the scale dictated whether I felt awesome or rubbish. Sadly, it was usually the latter; so the scales have been banned.

It was actually very refreshing to begin my week completely clueless about my weight and to just eat well because it felt good! I stuck to my plan all of yesterday, only lean, clean and green passed my lips. It was a pretty heavy workout day though, so my calories did go over 2000. I'm not letting that worry me though, since I started my day with a little yoga, swam solidly for 30 minutes, then completed week 1 workout 1 of the couch to 5K programme (it was killer).


I want to spend this week focussing on making myself feel better - physically and emotionally and I think that removing those dastardly scales from my life may just have been the first baby step in a long journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment