Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Operation 50 (Well, 67 really, but who's counting?!) Are you game?

On top of Multiple Sclerosis, I also have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Basically, there are cysts on my ovaries and my hormones are messed up. There is some basic information about PCOS from the NHS here.

Some of the weight gain (not all, I have a poor relationship with food), is down to the PCOS and as a result, I see an endocrinologist every 6 months. I had my third appointment on Wednesday and the endocrinologist set me a challenge. To get down to 190lbs by my next appointment. My next appointment is on 26th November 2014. I am challenging myself to lose AT LEAST 50lbs (hence #Operation50). 

The support from the Tone It Up community has been immense and I really feel that I can do this if I continue to work with my TIU team and keep motivated. 

I think it would be really great if there were a group of us who took part in #Operation50. Obviously, not everyone is going to have 50lbs to lose - but we do all have our own goals. #Operation50 would be an opportunity to make a promise to ourselves to treat our bodies with the respect it deserves, to provide it with the fuel it needs and to work out, get fit, build our confidence and spur each other on as a team from now Monday 9th June until November 26th. 

Anyone want to join in? If so, we can start using the #Operation50 on Twitter & Instagram and maybe set up a group within MyFitnessPal / The Tone it Up Community? 

Let me know what you think! 

You are all amazing! 

Clare xx


1 comment:

  1. Hey Clare! My weight gain too was due to PCOS but I never had a doctor ever try to treat me other than with birth control. I know how hard it is to lose weight with PCOS though, the way your body wants to hold onto fat. I've lost 20 and have 15 more to go so I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete