Friday, June 27, 2014

The New Gym...

Today I was introduced / inducted to my new gym. I had an appointment with one of the trainers who put together a low-impact cardio and conditioning programme for me which I need to do at least 3 times at week. The programme consists of the following:

10-15 minutes on the treadmill, 1% incline, 2.5-3mph (all the machines measure in miles rather than kilometres).

10-15 minutes on the recumbent bike followed by 10-15 minutes on the elliptical machine, level 3

I then have some conditioning work to do...

3 sets of 15 reps each of the following:

Lower Back Machine, oblique work...

TRX reverse fly, TRX bicep curls, left and right, TRX tricep pushes, left and right.

Swiss Ball work - squats with arm raises

10-15 minutes on moonwalker.

I am also planning on doing some classes and will be keep up with the couch to 5K programme, as well as the TiU workouts! I need to push through to keep mobile - my neurologist is pleased that I am prioritising my health and fitness. I am pleased too!

My nutrition still needs some work - like remembering no dairy or carbs after Meal 3 etc., and I need to make sure I'm not sabotaging my hard work.

When I write it out, it seems so stupid that I struggle to respect myself and yet I do struggle. Time and time again. This is a very interesting journey upon which I have embarked and I am learning so much about myself along the way.

I'm stronger than I realise. I have to remember that.




No comments:

Post a Comment