Friday, June 13, 2014

Operation 50 - Staying Focussed and Reviewing My Goals

Hey TIU girls!

Operation 50 is well underway now - week one is almost over!! How did that happen?? It's been a rollercoaster type of week - I started strong on Monday and killed it with the Spring into Summer Cardio workout. I was really proud of myself and I ran on the treadmill for the first time I can remember, so that made me feel fantastic! I pushed myself out of my comfort zone on Tuesday and went to an Aqua Fit class, which I really enjoyed! It was a lot of fun and didn't feel like I was working out - I was just splashing about and having fun, so I will definitely go back to that next week.

I have been struggling with bingeing this week. So far, I binged on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Tuesday was thankfully binge-free and I am planning on today being binge-free too! It's so disappointing when I mess up on my nutrition plan because 80% of getting slim is going to come from nutrition and 20% from fitness. I've been working out really hard this week and my nutrition has been the tripping point. I now have 2.5 days to eat really well in order to try to bring things back on track before Monday's weigh-in and measurement day.

To keep me on track, I wanted to revisit my goals for #Operation50:


  1. Bring weight down to 199lbs or less
  2. Wear a UK size 16 or smaller (bust 102cm, waist 84cm, hips 110cm)
  3. Be able to run constantly for 30 minutes
November feels like it is so far away but the reality of it is that there are only 165 days away and I don't have any room to mess up. This is it. I must do this. I owe this to myself - this body is going to be with me for my whole life, so I need to treat it kindly and with respect. 

I also have some interim goals that I want to achieve along the way:

Family Barbeque
My little brother is finishing primary school on July 25, so my step-mum and Dad are hosting a barbeque to celebrate on July 26th. I won't have seen my family since my birthday (May 6), so I want them to be able to see that I'm shrinking! I also want to have a lovely outfit to wear and will take some TIU-approved goodies to have on the day!
There are only 42 days until the barbeque, so I really need to make these 42 days count! I would like to be below 245lbs by the time of the barbeque and I would like to have a new summery outfit to wear on the day. 

Summer Holiday
I have only got 56 days until my summer holiday on 9th August. The hubby and I are going to France and Germany and are wanting to be as active as possible. I want to get down to 238lbs or less by the time of our holiday. We are camping and fitting a plus-sized body into a sleeping bag is a nightmare, so I don't want to have to squeeze myself in - I want some wiggle room!! I also want to be fit enough that I can go cycling daily with my hubby and I can enjoy our time away. 

October Break
In October, Phil and I want to go to London for a weekend to enjoy a short break with each other and to catch up with some old friends. We will probably go the first or second weekend in October, which means I have around 112 days until then. I want to be approaching my goal by October. I don't want to weigh any more than 220lbs by October 31st, which only leaves me 3 weeks in November to get to my goal weight!

What are you health / fitness goals? 


1 comment:

  1. I like your honesty and makes me think hard on my goals, not that I don't have any, its just lack of commitment with myself, bingeing in its also my problem some days.

    ReplyDelete