Sunday, May 18, 2014

Bikini Series 2014 Week 1 in Review (May 12-18 2014)

What to say about this week? There have been highs and there have been lows and lots of new things!

I want to remind you all that the 2014 Tone It Up Bikini Series officially began in the last week of April, so I am behind the Tone It Up website. My Bikini Series started on Monday May 12th and is due to finish on Sunday 13th July 2014.

Food-wise I have fallen off the bandwagon a fair couple of times this week, which is why I am not expecting a weight loss when I weigh in tomorrow. I am very much an emotional eater and I suffer from compulsive overeating;  something that I am hoping to be able to control better as I get further into the Bikini Series. The support on Twitter and at the Tone It Up Community has been amazing and I want to say a big thank you  to all the Tone It Up girls who have been cheering me on this week - particularly Lauren!




I am proud that I have worked out every single day this week - if even just for 30 minutes. I have been particularly en pointe with my workouts and even on those days when my nutrition was far from perfect, I still made sure to exercise.

The Tone It Up girls have challenged us to achieve #100bysummer (or #150bysummer for TIU veterans). Each 10 minutes of cardio exercise you do counts as 1 mile towards your #100bysummer. This week's exercise breakdown is as follows:

Monday 12th - 64 minutes
Tuesday 13th - 97 minutes
Wednesday 14th - 164 minutes
Thursday 15th - 61 minutes
Friday 16th - 31 minutes
Saturday 17th - 225 minutes
Sunday 18th - 26 minutes

Total Week = 668 minutes

668 minutes divided by 10 = 66.8 miles towards my #100bysummer !!!!

I'm amazed that in one week I'm already past the halfway mark! 

Even though I'm assuming there will be a gain on the scales in the morning, I'm really hoping that my measurements will have gone down because I really have tried hard all week long with the exercising!

I've done my first ever pilates workout! I've done the Bikini Body routine twice this week! I've tweeted more this week than I think I have ever done!! There are so many amazing women out there who are empowering each other to live better, happier and healthier lives and I really am loving that aspect. 

I've also vlogged a couple of times this week over on my YouTube channel:






What are my goals for Bikini Series Week 2 (May 19-25 2014)

  • Minimise bingeing / Give it 100% to stick to my food plan
  • DRINK MORE WATER - minimum of 3 litres daily
  • Be grateful for every day!
  • Exercise every day for at least 30 minutes
  • Daily Wii Fit Body Tests
  • Compliment someone every day
  • Carry out at least one random act of kindness
  • Follow the TIU and Blogilates Workouts and calendars
What are your plans for the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment