Thursday, May 8, 2014

Day 2 of the Tone It Up 7 Day Slim Down

Today marks my second day on the Tone It Up Seven Day Slim down

The Seven Day Slim Down is a one-week weight loss plan which forms part of the wider Tone It Up nutrition plan, lifestyle and online community, developed by the Tone It Up Girls, Karena and Katrina from Tone It Up.com. The plan is available for a range of dietary requirements (currently, regular, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free) and can be downloaded from the Tone It Up site for a flat fee of $150, which entitles you to lifetime membership, along with back issues and updates. Karena and Katrina also work tirelessly to bring the community free workouts available on their YouTube Channel and a free weekly newsletter.

OK, so back to Day 2... pretty much a repetition of Day 1, except today I feel . I imagine that the headaches are coming from toxins which are being released from moving to eating lean, clean and green vs.the dreadful catastrophe that was previously my diet (not to mention, giving up smoking and learning how to workout twice a day whilst recovering from neck surgery). 

Today's Food:

  • Meta D Original
  • Meal 1: Slim Down Scramble
  • Meal 2: Grapefruit
  • Meal 3: Salmon with Mixed Veggies
  • Meal 4: Hummus and Cucumber
  • Meal 5: Chicken with Mixed Vegetables
  • Meal 6: Tea, Yoghurt and Cinnamon

I have been overweight and unfit for such a very long time. Around half of my lifetime. That makes me terribly sad inside to realise how much time I have wasted, simply because I have been unable to control what food I put in my mouth. I am a very emotional eater and in my defense, a lot of things have happened in my life over the past fifteen years, which have possibly (probably) cemented my reliance on food as a way to control my emotions, yet it is time to break out of this cycle and that is why I find myself turning to the Tone It Up plan. 



The plan is very sensible, in that it asks you to eat regular, healthy meals throughout the day - focussing on alkalising your body and regulating your metabolism. For someone with insulin-resistant polycystic ovarian syndrome and thus a compromised metabolism, this is really important and I am enjoying learning about how the time that I eat food, as well as the quantity, play an important role in keeping my weight under control.

I'm surprised at how much motivation I have for the Tone It Up plan as I would usually be rather laissez-faire about trying out yet another diet plan. The thing is, I don't feel like this is 'yet another diet plan'. Tone It Up is a lifestyle and since joining the programme, I have been absolutely floored by the support from fellow Tone It Up Girls across different social media. We are encouraged to check in via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc., after every meal and workout and the support from the community is simply amazing. This is what I firmly believe is what is going to help me more than anyone else can know. I often lose self-belief and I am pretty sure that my family are sick and tired of me telling the same old same old, that this time it's going to be different. Yet I know in my heart that this is a lifestyle that I can stick to long-term. I didn't put this weight on overnight, I didn't swallow all of my sadness in one huge lump but I think that this is the plan that is going to help me to chip off the weight, bit by bit, and help my soul be lifted, too.



Thank you, Tone It Up Girls, in 2 short days, you've already made me a believer in the TIU philosophy.

Never Give Up

Clare x






1 comment:

  1. hi! colourblindromance from MFP :)
    i won't lie. i wouldn't be able to stick to your Slim Down rules. that menu for me looks way too bland (in my opinion - for you, it may perfectly be easy).
    i'm sad you had a rough time beforehand. i hope you're doing much better now.
    you also have PCOS? i do as well!
    support honestly does change everything. if you have loads of people backing you up, it's hard to let them down!

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete