Thursday, May 15, 2014

Slip Ups and Roll Ups

Today has been a funny old day and I'm writing this post after midnight, so maybe that should be 'yesterday'... whatever. The past few waking hours have been strange.

I started off really strong and had the original Meta D and made myself an omelette (2 whole eggs) with tomatoes, mushrooms and celery. I had my meals planned out. All was well with the world. 

I showered. My husband left for work.

"Aha!", shouted my brain. "You're alone. You've given up smoking. What else can you do that is rebellious? EAT. EAT like you've never eaten before. Literally".

I am a slave to my brain. Eat I did. I don't want to call it a binge, but yeah, it was a full on, total knockout BINGE. Gah!

If you want to avoid the list of food... then scroll now!

I consumed:
1 chip shop chicken breast
2 spam fritters
1 chip barm
1 small bar Bourneville chocolate
1 can diet Coke (oh, the irony)
1 can Fanta
1 bag salt 'n' sweet popcorn

With all those fizzy drinks, I think my subconscious was plotting a binge-and-purge session, but I am pleased to report that there was no intentional purging (although my body did get its own back somewhat later). 

I have decided not to freak out about this. I decided that instead, I would plan out my meals for the rest of the week and plan in my workouts for the remainder of the week and the weekend. So, I buried my guilt, got out my planner and PLANNED. I checked this afternoon's Tone It Up workout and it was supposed to be the Cowabunga Routine. After reviewing the video, I realised that there were quite a few moves I'm not yet able to attempt, due to my neck, so I went hunting for something more suitable. I opted for Blogilates POP Pilates for Beginners - Total Body Workout. I had watched the video a few days ago and thought that there was no way that I would be able to get through it. Tonight, though, motivated by the Guilt of the Binge, I gritted my teeth and pressed play. 

As a side note, I have a Sony Experia and it means that I can use the YouTube app on my phone and route it to my TV via the Playstation. I hadn't realised that I could do that, so that was quite the revelation! 

Anyway... I pressed play. I swore at Cassie Ho. I did some more. I swore more. I sweated. My abs started to shake, my legs started to shake... I swore more at the TV, then... then it was over. I had done it! I'd only bloody well gone and finished the 26 minute beginner routine for the first time. 

Oh, glorious days - I am now writing this in a state of pure elation, whilst drinking my Detox Tea and taking my evening medication. 

Upon reflection, I think I may have actually enjoyed the Blogilates video. Given that I desperately need to work on my core, it may be worthwhile incorporating pilates into my routine as an opportunity to improve core strength and flexibility. As I have Multiple Sclerosis (more about that here), pilates may be very useful for combatting any muscle atrophy. 

So there. Like I said, it's been a funny old day.

Tomorrow is Friday - the day of love; so tomorrow I'm going to learn to love myself, my body and my foibles.

Good night xxx

http://blogilates.tumblr.com/post/5538757671/look-at-me-im-wearing-the-muffin-tops-are-for

No comments:

Post a Comment